For the purpose of internet banking, a User may be required to register himself on the ecobank.com website. At the point of registration, he will be required to provide accurate and complete information on his data, and up-date such information as and when necessary. Upon registration, the User will be required to choose a unique user name and password. The password chosen must be simple and unique. The user should only reveal his user name and password when accessing the ecobank.com website.
Do not write down or record your password in a diary, note pad, or other document which may be accessed by a third party. Please exercise maximum caution in keeping your user name and password confidential. Log-off from the site when your session is over to prevent unauthorized access to your information.
Ecobank will NOT request you to provide sensitive information on your account details to any other website link. Customers must not on any account act on such instruction or visit any such website. If your user name or password is subject to unauthorized access, you should immediately inform the Ecobank subsidiary in your country of domicile.
All customers are advised to secure their Internet banking passwords with utmost confidentiality as the bank will not be liable for any loss arising from third party access to such information.
Ecobank Group requests the user to carefully read the address of the Website which is: https://omniplus.ecobank.com.
Use and disclosure of personal information
The Ecobank website contains hyperlinks to sites that are not managed or controlled by Ecobank. Hyperlinks to other websites are accessed solely at the customer’s risk. In consequence, Ecobank expressly disclaims all liability for the contents and accuracy of these sites, whether for breach of contract, negligence, tort, or any other cause of action arising from the use of such websites. Hyperlinks may not be set up to the Ecobank website without the prior authorization of the publisher.
Users are advised that when visits are made to this site, a cookie may be installed automatically and retained temporarily in the memory of the user's machine or on his hard disk. Cookies do not make it possible to identify users, but rather, they record information about the user's use of the website. By visiting the website, users confirm that they consent to, and authorize Ecobank to install cookies on their computers.
Users may however deactivate the cookies using the settings in their navigation software.
Users agree that their personal details may be shared with other Ecobank subsidiaries, affiliates or member companies from time to time forming part of the Ecobank Group for market research and statistical analysis.
Users shall have the right to access their personal information on the website for the purpose of modifying or deleting such information when they so desire. Please do not hesitate to contact us at the following email addresses indicated at the ‘contact us’ on the login page of this website, which is specific to the country where your account is domiciled, to grant you access to your personal details.
Other security questions
What are cookies and how are they used for this service?
A cookie is information that a web site puts on your hard disk that it can remember something about you at a later time. This mechanism allows the server to store its own information about a user on the user's own computer.
What precautions should I take for this online service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your internet banking ID and internet banking password, you should take the following precautions:
- DO NOT reveal your ID and password to anyone, write down or use it where someone else can see.
- Change your password IMMEDIATELY, using the 'Change of Password' service, if you suspect it has been revealed.
- DO NOT use easily recognized numbers such as your telephone number etc. as your password.
- REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
- Clear your browser's cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC. You should clear it after each session.
- Always use the latest recommended internet browser so that you are using the most updated security features available.
- Call our Contact Centre, Client Access Team or your Relationship Manager immediately if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
My password makeup
- Must be minimum of 2 and maximum of 25 characters
- Must contain at least one Uppercase character
- Must contain at least one Lowercase character
- Must consist at least two Numerical number
Must consist of at least two special characters
(Allowed special characters are ~!@#$%^&*()_+)
- Must not contain more than two consecutive characters (e.g., abc)
- Cannot use any five last passwords
- Must not contain more than two consecutive identical characters (e.g., aaa)
How secure is this service/How safe is my personal information going through the service? What security measures are being used by the service?
This service employs the 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technology most commonly used by large-scale online merchants, banks, and brokerages worldwide. All online sessions between you and the bank are protected by up to 128-bit encryption, which best protects your information against disclosure to third parties.
What should I do if I suspect there are unauthorized transactions on my account?
If you suspect there are unauthorized transactions on your account, please report to the bank immediately. Please provide details such as your name, account number, transaction type, date & time of transaction, description of error and amount involved.
If you suspect they are due to lost/stolen password, please call Contact Centre, Client Access Team or your Relationship Manager to terminate the password immediately.
You may want to take note of your last log-in date and time, as indicated at the Personal Homepage, each time you log-in to the service.
What precautions should I take when using shared/public PCs for this service?
We strongly recommend you not to conduct your Internet banking transactions on such PCs unless you are sure that it is safe to do so.
Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
How do I safeguard and protect my password?
- Do not choose a password that is easily identifiable such as your personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information etc.
- Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or same number more than twice (such as 123226) for your password.
- Your password must be kept confidential at all times and not be divulged to anyone. Do not reveal your password to anyone.
- Your password must be memorized and not be recorded anywhere. Do not write down your password or use it where someone can see.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been revealed.
- Change your password regularly. You can change your password anytime under Security’ - Change of Password'.